Did the new header scare you? Sean Lowery over at http://www.minisitegraphics.com/ has been doing my graphics lately and he never ceases to amaze me. He’s truly one of the most talented graphics guys I’ve ever used.
I’ve done several holiday themes for other sites in the past, but this is the first for this blog. The following are some good reasons to do the same:
1. Because Google does it. (bad joke)
2. If you’re dedicated enough to have a custom header and/or theme done for special occasions, you more than likely take the site/blog very seriously and your readers will catch that.
3. It could turn into good link bait.
4. It could increase comments if it’s a blog. People like to compliment or degrade new looks of blogs they regularly visit.
5. It gives you a good reason to write a post titled “5 reasons to pimp your logo on holidays.”