A couple weeks ago I shared 5 Overused, Ineffective Internet Marketing Techniques. In the comment field of that post Peter Tremayne suggested my next post be on the top 5 “underused, effective techniques.” I liked the idea, so today I’d like to go that route, but change it up a bit.
Today I’d like to share with you the top 5 most profitable Internet Marketing Business Models. #1, #2 and #3 can all be nearly just as profitable depending on how they’re worked, but I believe the order I put them in is pretty accurate.
You’ll notice that blogging isn’t one of them. That’s because blogging should NEVER be a business model! It can be a valuable part of many different profitable business models, but blogging alone is NOT a business model!
1. Pay Per Click (PPC) – PPC and Email Marketing are both extremely profitable and although I’m not personally a PPC super affiliate, I see the EXTREME profit potential! The problem with PPC (the good thing for those who choose to get serious with it) is that since it takes money to make money and there is no guarantee of profiting, MANY people give up right away!
However, there are several super affiliates out there who make thousands and thousands of dollars each and every day! This is something I’ve toyed with over the years and I’m just now starting to get serious with. There is a fairly large learning curve and if you’re struggling to feed your family I don’t recommend getting into PPC. Only do this when you have some capital to invest on your PPC “education” ie. learning from your mistakes. You WILL lose money at first… how much depends on the spending limits and budgets you set.
2. Email Marketing – Email marketing is a close second to PPC although some people would argue that… I do believe PPC is a bit more profitable though when comparing the most successful people in both fields.
However, email marketing is something just about ANYONE can get started with and it can be VERY profitable if done correctly! This is my absolute favorite business model and as you may come to realize after reading the report I just released “New Age Email Marketing” Email marketing accounts for approximately 80% of my total income these days… there’s a good chance you came across this post through one of my emails… see what I mean?
3. Membership Sites – The profit potential with membership sites is absolutely obvious. Instead of a single, one-time payment, people send you money over and over again! The trick is to obviously give them something so valuable that they decide it’s worth it! Over-deliver and there’s a good chance you’ll make a bunch of money. Under-deliver and there’s a good chance you’ll make little to nothing.
I collect recurring payments with my coaching forum and although it will never account for a great deal of my income due to the increased work load for this type of system, it generates a little extra money and I get to truly help people at the same time, so the payoff is good for me.
How you decide to run your membership site is up to you… it could be a forum, a free content site etc. etc. There are no rules here… just provide something that people want and are willing to pay each and every month for access.
4. Electronic Product Creation and Marketing – Don’t think because I have product creation listed as #4 that it’s not profitable because it is indeed VERY profitable. When we’re dealing with electronic products the real power is in affiliate marketing.
Having OTHER people promote your product(s) is like a dream really. You do absolutely nothing and other people do the hard work. Of course it take some initial hard work, but it happens. I earn money every single day from affiliates promoting my products.
The catch? Just like anything else you have to provide quality. No one wants to promote crap, but everyone wants to promote quality!
I’ll be sending out an email to my list in the very near future with a discount for an excellent ebook written by my buddy Mark Mason, on how to create a quality ebook and profit from it. Yeah, it’s an ebook on how to make an ebook Look for that on the 4th of November.
5. Niche Marketing – This can be defined in several different ways, after all, “Niche Marketing” is a very broad phrase. But the definition I’m referring to is building and promoting small, white-hat mini-sites monetized with Adsense and Affiliate programs.
I’ve made a good deal of money in the past doing this. You may have read my report “The $5 Mini-Site Formula,” (I no longer own this product) which outlines my overall niche marketing formula.
You’re basically filling gaps in the Internet information world. There are millions of tiny, long-tail sub-niches that have little to no relevant pages in the SERPS… you simply find them and fill them with your articles and pages. The smart ones will only target high-paying niches. I’m talking niches that pay over $1 for each and every Adsense click!
Are you using one or more of these models? I’d love to hear your feedback!
photo credit: joeltelling