I am very much against the norm in the “blogosphere” when it comes to using the rel=”nofollow” attribute to prevent pagerank from passing from my site to yours.
If you are kind enough to add to the conversation and help my blog rise, I will allow some of my pagerank to flow to your site. (those with 9 or more approved comments.)
The problem is, with some people, you give them an inch and they take a mile. This is why I’ve created the comment policy that you’re reading now.
I invite all comments but I ask that you please adhere to the following rules:
1. Hate, porn or gambling related sites may not be linked to.
2. No redirects.
3. Your comments must be relevant to the conversion. I don’t care if your comments are “one-liners” or 10,000 lines. As long as they are relevant to the conversation the length doesn’t matter to me.
4. As flattering as it may be, I will deny your comment if it is similar to one of the following:
- Nice site, It is very useful.
- I agree.
- Thanks for this information.
This type of comment doesn’t add to the conversation and it really doesn’t serve a purpose.
5. No affiliate links, if you use one it will either be removed all together, or the affilite id will be stripped.
6. I’m giving you a free link that will be linked to your name or keyword so please do not “take a mile” by inserting yet another link of yours unless it truly adds to the conversation. It’s just a little greedy in my opinion and while I want to help you, I don’t want my blog to fill will spammy links.
I prefer you use your name, but I will accept some keywords. Whether or not I accept it will be determined on an individual basis. I’m more lenient toward those who regularly participate. If your site/blog is related in some way to Internet Marketing, feel free to use keywords, but please include your first name somewhere in your comment.
8. I reserve the right to delete any and all URL’s you link to and/or comments if I find it unsuitable.